Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Training Day: Wednesday

Live Training only today - though I did arrive early enough to do a little bit of the Fundamental (back control, RNC and the one-handed choke).

I was pretty worn out by the end of training. Training three days in a row is a serious pace for me, all the moreso doing an hour-long conditioning session in the middle of it. I'll take Thursday off, and finish off the week with training on Friday and Saturday.

Continuing to work the two-on-one guard. I'm starting to see how I actually want to control the wrist to set up armbars and omoplatas, as well as armdrags and sweeps. I'm trying to commit to this guard attack almost exclusively for the rest of the year as a way of opening up things and getting me out of my half guard comfort zone. Watching and rewatching and rewatching the Marcelo Garcia/Hillary Williams sparring session is helping me see how to put all of the different elements of this guard to work.

158.4 or so on the scale post-train.