Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Training Day: Tuesday

Starting to put Tuesday night back into the rotation. In the olden days, I used to train Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. Of late, Thursdays have become more of an off-day, and the Monday training has shifted a few hours earlier, but Tuesday has been the odd date out. No more - at least as of this week.

Worked guillotine and guillotine escapes tonight, sort of a refresher of the Monday lesson. There were a lot of new people I've never seen before, which is always a little amazing, as well as some familiar faces like Jeff and Benny, who I got to drill with today.

I also got to roll with Rodrigo for a good little while. I did a halfway decent job of pressing the attack at the beginning with the two on one and trying to keep active foot in hip and hook pressure. Rodrigo passed, of course, but it was good to at least work some of the grips and to work on something that I'd been wanting to work on.

I also got to roll with Igor, a much smaller white belt who was a nice continuous-aerobic, HICT type workout after the grueling session with Rodrigo. There was some good work for both of us I think and I'm especially grateful for the first opportunity to try the slingshot sweep in years.

156.6 on the scale-post train - a credit to some (relatively) clean eating and 50 minutes on the treadmill earlier today.