Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Cobrinha Interview: ADCC, New Cali Academy and More

Kid Peligro interviews Rubens "Cobrinha" Charles.

Kid Peligro Jiu-Jitsu News . . . Rubens Charles "Cobrinha" Interview
KP- You couldn't have had better string of teachers, "Jacare" was the last one but before him Fabio Gurgel was your teacher after Fernando "Terere".

RC- I can tell you that I am a very lucky person, my first instructor was Mauro Pacifico in Sao Carlos, SP. I was with him until Brown belt. Then after competing in a tournament in Sao Paulo I received an invitation from "Terere" to stop by "TT" Academy which was in the Capitol Sao Paulo. I spoke with my master Mauro Pacifico and asked him his opinion. He was the first to encourage me to go there and to this day I remember his words: "You should go, if for some reason it doesn't work out we will be here to take you back with open arms". With that vote I went to train in Sao Paulo with Terere. "Terere" was a person that refined my game and my techniques but as you know there is always some room for improvement and to learn in any one's game we should never believe that our game is complete and we don't have to learn any more.